In no particular order:
– The fact that ABC’s “Good Morning America” show is co-anchored by two women: Diane Sawyer * (63) and Robin Roberts (48);
– The ready availability of cinnamon as a coffee flavouring at Starbucks;
– “More” magazine;
– The Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC – who is, of course, also a gay female counterpart to –
– Jon Stewart;
– Sushi. Yes, you can get it in London but it’s more readily available here, and cheaper;
– Sephora – closely followed by –
– Nordstrom – and;
– Steve Madden shoes – and;
– Old Navy yoga and workout kit;
– Being called “Miss” (or, occasionally, “ma’am”) in shops and restaurants.
I still don’t understand why the Labor Day holiday weekend is apparently the time to buy a mattress on sale, though. What’s all that about?
* and let us hope that Diane is replaced by a similarly strong woman when she moves on in the new year …